War against Hunger
We formed an NGO in the Philippines in 2016. Since then Hungry Geeks has built Bamboo Vertical Grow Towers and given them away to the poor. We have grown Microgreens and Wheatgrass in Butuan City, and are now expanding into other cities with a focus on “Food as Medicine”. Using Personalized Smoothies and Personalized Meal Plans we can target required nutritional values. To assist with our quest, we have created databases of all of the medicinal plants found in the Philippines and India. Our approach to fighting hunger is centered around providing healthy nutritional meals to the poor and homeless. Sadly, some uninformed NGOs in the Philippines today provide unfortified rice and powdered milk to the homeless; Hungry Geeks is changing that. Their intentions are good, however, knowledge of nutrition sometimes is lacking. We train organizations and individuals about nutrition so they can improve and better help others. We have instructed kids, parents and seniors on the benefits of healthy eating. We believe in “Food-as- Medicine”.
Malnutrition is a worldwide problem. Every day, 95 children in the Philippines die from malnutrition. Twenty-seven out of 1,000 Filipino children do not get past their fifth birthday. A third of Filipino children are stunted or short for their age. Stunting after 2 years of age can be permanent, irreversible and even fatal. India is home to 46.6 million stunted children, a third of world’s total as per Global Nutrition Report 2018. Nearly half of all under-5 child mortality in India is attributable to undernutrition. As many as 80% of Mayan children in Guatemala suffer from malnutrition. Any country cannot aim to attain economic and social development goals without addressing the issue of malnutrition. During this worldwide pandemic eating healthy is critically important to keep your immune system strong and elevated.
Former President Rodrigo Duterte says – “Good nutrition for everyone is everybody’s business”……”malnutrition has to be stopped now!” The Department of Trade and Industry (“DTI”) has used Hungry Geeks to do Seminars. The Regional Director for DTI wants to provide training on Nutrition and Modern Farming starting in elementary schools.
Hungry Geeks promotes its activities under our LEGS (Learn, Earn, Grow, Share) program. Our mission is to introduce young people to growing and cooking nutritional healthy meals and blending smoothies.
Please join us. Ways you can help:
- Make a donation to Hungry Geeks and help feed the homeless healthy meals.
- Share a healthy recipe from your country.
- Make a Zoom video showing you prepare a healthy meal from your country and together we will share it with the world.
- Sponsor a video. All Sponsors will receive an appreciation mention in the video credits and a site license to link to your sponsored video from your website.
- Sponsor a school event and feed students a healthy meal ($3.00 per meal). Hungry Geeks will provide you with photos and videos of the event along with a thank you letter from the students.
- Be a guest speaker on one of our Zoom meetings where Health Advocates discuss Nutrition, Food-as-Medicine, recipes and cultures – have fun and be inspired.
- Make a designated donation to be used to purchase cooking equipment, stoves, pots and pans, cooking utensils, seeds, etc.
Enduring friendships merge from different countries and age groups driven by a passion to help others learn how to eat healthy. From growing your own food to sharing healthy recipes to meal prep and cooking, we cordially invite you to join us on this adventure.
Hungry Geeks Philippines Incorporated
Blk 3 Lot 4 Astana Subdivision, Calawisan, Lapu-Lapu City,
Local #: +63 925 301 8416
USA #: +1 832 204 9988
Copyright 2017 - Hungry Geeks Philippines Incorporated
Design, Development, Research, Support, Services and Consultation Agreement